Sunday, April 1, 2012

Why me...Mommy?



Hi I'm Yanie,the poor little girl that everybody in my neighbourhood thinks has so much potential in life.I used to be active,creative,brilliant and very focus in my school work.When I was 6-9 years old ,I used to have a sweet face but it does not last long,by 10 I'm very stress full kid.I have to do the family chores and take care of my sick mom.She is the one that has rob my child hood.I'm sorry to blame her...

I grew up in a poor district in the big city,called CK.Even though I'm poor but I'm happy my mommy and daddy always by my side.But everything change last 2 years ago.Daddy was killed in accident, and mommy became GRO to support me.I was left alone every night.Then mom got pregnant with her boyfriend.I was so devastated.Her stupid boyfriend force my mom to take drugs to get away the stress she had.Then left her with the baby.And now i have to take care my sick mom, the wedlock baby whom is my step-sister .Starting from that on i never smiled,or be active and very lonely and quiet in school.

In school my friends talk bad about my mom's stupid life.With her drugs,alcohol and always shouting at me,is always the Hot topics.I don't have toys or time to play.
One day the welfare department from my area come by to our house.They looked at our untidy and smelly house.The looked at me , the very unhealthy skinny girl bathing a 10 month old baby.This child has no birth cert what so ever.So they took the baby away, at first i was sad about it..but again i console my self, she should deserve a better place like rather like this.Then they search for my mom.She was at bed.Sleeping...deep sleep.She is DEAD! .....overdose of drugs.
I ran and called for Uncle Ben, and told what had happened.But it was too late.My mom funeral was very sad but peacefully.No one came only me ,Uncle Ben and Belinda.The weather was fine,sunny and windy.I did not cried, i know God have something good for my mom.She is better dead than living like a walking corpse,and men treating her like a piece of shit.
I was too been placed in a Shelter Home for lost child like me.Allot of kids here suffer even worse ,some horrific childhood life.Some were raped,abused and force in child labour and prostitute.I felt i was so lucky that i did not get any physical abused only mentally.
I never had  happy childhood in my life, but i never blame God .It must have something for me...i don't know when i will be happy again.I pray and pray to have a good life.I was placed the same place with my sister.I seldom see her now ,i heard she got new foster parents.Good for her .As for me, I'm staying here for a while.Later when i finished school I'm going some other places far away from this Cosmopolitan City that make my life misery...but before i go.I must say good by to Daddy,Uncle Ben,Belinda.Ahh,yes mommy.Why me..Mommy.Why ?..I love you ,I miss you Mommy.



*all pictures are from Richard Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment